Carpet cleaning is a great household chore. It is not simply vacuuming and getting rid of dirt that may be trapped in the rug fibers. When the dirt is not easy to eliminate, you might want to seek the assistance of a skilled rug cleaner especially if you have wall to wall carpets that can take hours to do on your own. However, for those who have made a decision to do the cleaning on your own, we're glad to offer you seven great tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by getting ready ahead. Set up your carpet washing materials in a single pail and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read thoroughly the guidelines on the carpet cleaning products first before using them. Always adhere to package directions to ensure safety.
3. Take out most of the home furniture and anything that obstructs the rug surface. Let relatives leave the room as you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the rug first to clear it of particles that is certainly caught on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. If you are using liquid rug cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the space. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Carpet stains are common so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove dirt. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the carpet and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the rug cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the spills are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional rug cleaner in Laconia, NH especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the carpet you bought. Remember that professional carpet cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable rug cleaner in Laconia, NH. Call ALL BRITE CLEANING & RESTORATION Inc. now and let them help you.